When we become grandmothers we want to be as cool as the fantastic Mrs. Nene Leakes. Check out her sweet little glambaby. She sure has grown up. They don’t stay little babies for long. Before we know they’re getting into stuff.
I have always been a fan of Diddy, now even more so because I follow him on Twitter. From his tweets I’ve learned three things about Diddy: He loves what he does, he loves positivity and he loves exclamation points!
This Saturday, Diddy had an amazing launch party at MyHouse in Hollywood sponsored by CÎROC Vodka for his new album, Last Train to Paris.
As was to be expected, the night was a duel celebration of Diddy’s Last Train to Paris and Michael Jackson’s genius. Several times throughout the evening, the DJ stopped to spin MJ tunes and Diddy took the mic to pay homage to the musical giant and thank everyone for supporting Bad Boy.
Some of the celebs in attendance were Taraji P. Henson, Estelle, Wesely Snipes, Jessica Alba, Cash Warren, Hill Harper, Regina King, Elyce Neal, Lil Mama, Vanessa Simmons, Lo Bosworth, Holly Montag, Amerie, Ray-J, Rob Dyrdek, and Rachel Smith.
On the Net: www.lasttraintoparis.com
I’ve never been a fan of Beanie Babies. In fact, I’ve never purchased one for our daughters. I tend to back slowly away from trends and fads, especially when it comes to my children.
I’m so glad our first lady disapproves that Ty, Inc is profiting off dolls they have named after first daughters Malia and Sasha. The dolls don’t look anything like the Obama girls. I guess they think all black girls look alike. Shameful!
“We believe it is inappropriate to use young private citizens for marketing purposes,” Ms. Obama’s spokeswoman said.
Read more on Chicago Business.
– Jennifer James, Editor
Essence.com has a wonderful feature article on their Web site today. If you haven’t heard the news yet, Jill Scott is pregnant and expecting a son in April. What’s so amazing about her pregnancy is that she was told that would never be able to conceive, but as we all know, everything is on God’s timetable.
Here’s some sage advice from Jill to other moms:
It’s so hard to believe, it’s hard to have faith, especially when things aren’t working out. It’s difficult and a challenge when you continuously ask for what you want and need in your life or at least what you think you want and need in your life, but that’s when you have to believe and have faith the most. Who knows how the blessings will flow or at what time or what hour those lessons are going to come. So I’d simply share to learn to be grateful for everything. When you give up, when you start to believe again, when you’re crying, when it hurts so bad, when you’re too embarrassed to face anybody— whatever—just be thankful because I believe that’s all God really wants from us is to be appreciative. It’s been my way of thinking and I’m hoping to teach this lil’ one these things.
Read Jill Scott’s interview about her pregnancy and motherhood on Essence.com.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
- Mary J. Blige and John Legend weigh in on Jamie Lynn Spears’ pregnancy. See what they say, then tell us what you think.
- Are you throwing a Christmas party over the weekend? Be sure to be on cocktail watch because experts say this is the time of year when alcohol poisoning in young children increases. Here are tips to avoid this from happening to your child.
- Have you heard about the growing number of mothers who are getting plastic surgery to get rid of their mommy bodies? We believe in loving what God have us. Tell us what you think.
Meet moms! Join the Mommy Too! Network and be entered automatically to win great prizes!
Remember, we’re giving away two Lands’ End diaper bags. Click here to enter!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
- Do you agree in bedsharing? Many mothers, especially in traditional, indigneous cultures, believe in bedsharing between infants and mothers. Increasingly American mothers are adopting the practice in their own lives. Bedsharing advocates believe this is a great way to foster a bond between mother and child and medical professionals believe bedsharing is a sure way to increase a baby’s SIDS risk. What do you think? Click here to weigh in.
- Did you know that Motherhood Maternity stores offer in-store fitting experts? Click here to read more about how you can get sized to look fabulous with your growing belly.
- Do you love beautiful sweaters? Who doesn’t? Liz Claiborne is running a 50% OFF sale on ALL sweaters. Click here to hop on this spectacular holiday sale.
Season Finale of I Love New York 2
We know you all saw the season finale of I Love New York 2! Were you just as disappointed as we were when New York picked Tailor Made? Or, were you cheering because of her choice? Weigh in the comments.
For Feed Readers: If you are reading this post via a feed, click here to voice your opinion.
Who do you support? Barack or Hillary? Take our poll.
I saw this on Young, Black and Fabulous and had to post it here because I am such a Whitney Houston fan! According to YFB, Whitney made her official debut Saturday night at the Live and Loud concert in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I am so happy to hear her sing again. Even after years of crack, she’s still the best!
I Will Always Love You